About This Tutorial
This tutorial will be relevant to anyone who wants to build a content-managed website using Django. It will cover
- developer environment (just bring a laptop)
- how to structure your site
- creating and editing content (text, images, videos)
- simple theming
- adding users
- making your site live on the web
- buying and configuring a domain name
By the end of the session you’ll have a working site, running the latest version of Wagtail. You can decide to use it as a disposable learning project or as the start of your new website. We’ll use a collaborative, online developer environment - just bring your laptop!
I’m the technical director at Torchbox, a UK web agency. I also run the Wagtail CMS project. I wrote the theme tune to Charlie and Lola.